From Blargy <zman...@hotmail.com>
Subject Newb question on HDFS
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2010 04:11:07 GMT

Hey all. Im trying to start up a psuedo distributed setup following the
directions in Hadoop In Action however I am having problems. For some reason
my TaskTracker and JobTracker are not starting up but there is nothing in my
log files explaining why.

FYI My development machine is a Mac.

hdfs-site.xml

<configuration>

  <property>
    <name>fs.default.name</name>
    <value>hdfs://localhost:54310</value>
    <description>
      The name of the default file system. A URI whose scheme and authority
determine the FileSystem implementation.
    </description>
  </property>

  <property>
    <name>mapred.job.tracker</name>
    <value>localhost.com:54311</value>
    <description>
      The host and port that the MapReduce job tracker runs at.
    </description>
  </property>

  <property>
    <name>hadoop.tmp.dir</name>
    <value>/Users/root/workspace/hadoop/datastore/pseudo/</value>
    <description>
      A base for other temporary directories.
    </description>
  </property>

  <property>
    <name>dfs.replication</name>
    <value>1</value>
    <description>
      The actual number of replications can be specified when the file is
created.
    </description>
  </property>

</configuration>

./bin/start-all.sh output

starting namenode, logging to ...
localhost: starting datanode, logging to ...
localhost: starting secondarynamenode, logging to ...
starting jobtracker, logging to ...
localhost: starting tasktracker,  logging to

JPS output

$ jps
4317 DataNode
4384 SecondaryNameNode