From Eli Collins <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Silly question about 'rack aware'...
Date Mon, 10 May 2010 00:03:06 GMT
Hey Michael,

The script specified by dfs.network.script is passed both host names
and IPs. In most cases an IP is passed, however in some cases (eg when
using dfs.hosts files) a hostname is passed.

Thanks,
Eli

ps - useful pointers:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hadoop-common-user/200911.mbox/%3C4B041EDF.8050103@videoegg.com%3E

http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/topology_rack_awareness_scripts

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 9:40 AM, Michael Segel <michael_segel@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Ok,
>
> I should know this... but just to be safe...
>
> When setting up the rack aware script, will the input to the script always be the machine's
IP address, or will it be the actual hostname?