From Erik Test <erik.shi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TaskTracker and DataNodes cannot connect to master node (NoRouteToHostException)
Date Wed, 26 May 2010 16:38:56 GMT
I confirmed that the hostname for the machine in the /etc/hosts file points
to the actual address of the machine and not the local loopback.

However, I see that the ports reported in the log file are not available in
the iptables. I'm new to configuring iptables (i.e. I made my first
configuration changes yesterday) so do I configure the port on the slave
node as an output chain going to the master node?
Erik