From Erik Test <erik.shi...@gmail.com>
Subject JAVA_HOME not set
Date Tue, 18 May 2010 17:30:28 GMT
Hi All,

I continually get this error when trying to run start-all.sh for hadoop
0.20.2 on ubuntu. What confuses me is I DO have JAVA_HOME set in
hadoop-env.sh to /usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.6.0_17. I've double checked to see that
JAVA_HOME is set to this by echoing the path before running the start script
but still now luck. I then tried adding bin to the path but then got errors
saying /usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.6.0_17/bin/bin/java couldn't be found.

Can someone give me suggestions on how to fix this problem please?

Erik