From Pierre ANCELOT <pierre...@gmail.com>
Subject Any possible to set hdfs block size to a value smaller than 64MB?
Date Tue, 18 May 2010 12:06:24 GMT
Hi,
I'm porting a legacy application to hadoop and it uses a bunch of small
files.
I'm aware that having such small files ain't a good idea but I'm not doing
the technical decisions and the port has to be done for yesterday...
Of course such small files are a problem, loading 64MB blocks for a few
lines of text is an evident loss.
What will happen if I set a smaller, or even way smaller (32kB) blocks?

Thank you.

Pierre ANCELOT.