From Eric Sammer <esam...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: How to recover hadoop cluster using SecondaryNameNode ?
Date Thu, 13 May 2010 15:05:37 GMT
You can use the copy of fsimage and the editlog from the SNN to
recover. Remember that it will be (roughly) an hour old. The process
for recovery is to copy the fsimage and editlog to a new machine,
place them in the dfs.name.dir/current directory, and start all the
daemons. It's worth practicing this type of procedure before trying it
on a production cluster. More importantly, it's worth practicing this
*before* you need it on a production cluster.

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 5:01 AM, Jeff Zhang <zjffdu@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I wonder is it enough for recovering hadoop cluster by just coping the
> meta data from SecondaryNameNode to the new master node ? Do I any
> need do any other stuffs ?
> Thanks for any help.
> --
> Best Regards