From "Alex Li" <...@joyent.com>
Subject Re: Problem starting datanode inside Solaris zone
Date Fri, 14 May 2010 16:57:34 GMT
Hi Allen,

Thanks for the pointer! You are dead on!

This is what I got:

[jill@alextest ~]$ du /storage/hadoop-jill/dfs/data/
3 /storage/hadoop-jill/dfs/data/detach
6 /storage/hadoop-jill/dfs/data/current
3 /storage/hadoop-jill/dfs/data/tmp
18 /storage/hadoop-jill/dfs/data
[jill@alextest ~]$
[jill@alextest ~]$ which du
/usr/xpg4/bin/du
[jill@alextest ~]$ which gdu
/opt/local/bin/gdu
[jill@alextest ~]$

It turns out what I got isn't the GNU du.

I got it to run by doing this under /opt/local/bin:

   ln -s du gdu

alias didn't work. hadoop must be looking for 'whch du' and use whichever if
found first in the PATH.

Thanks so much! My data node is now up!

-alex

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 12:14 AM, Allen Wittenauer <awittenauer@linkedin.com