From Khaled BEN BAHRI <Khaled.Ben_ba...@it-sudparis.eu>
Subject Re: configuring hadoop
Date Mon, 31 May 2010 15:18:58 GMT
When i try to start the namenode by start-dfs.sh
it gives this error

2010-05-31 17:02:19,674 ERROR
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem: FSNamesystem
initialization failed.
java.io.IOException: No locks available
         at sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl.lock0(Native Method)
         at sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl.tryLock(FileChannelImpl.java:881)
         at java.nio.channels.FileChannel.tryLock(FileChannel.java:962)
         at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.Storage$StorageDirectory.tryLock(Storage.java:527)
         at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.Storage$StorageDirectory.lock(Storage.java:505)
         at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.Storage$StorageDirectory.analyzeStorage(Storage.java:363)
         at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSImage.recoverTransitionRead(FSImage.java:285)
         at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSDirectory.loadFSImage(FSDirectory.java:87)