From Edward Capriolo <edlinuxg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to get JobTracker metrics from Hadoop via JMX
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2010 13:57:37 GMT
The current stable 0.20 does not export JMX metrics for the JobTracker :(

However you can get at these stats via the JobClient. I have done this to
produce graphs like the one shown below.

http://www.jointhegrid.com/hadoop-cacti-jtg-walk/running_job.jsp

Package is here:
http://www.jointhegrid.com/svn/hadoop-cacti-jtg/trunk/

>>It would be better if there is any document or API interface which
describe
>>this(all the JMX interfaces which is used to get metrics for all kinds of
>>nodes).

Amen brother.