From Hemanth Yamijala <yhema...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to make HOD apply more than one core on each machine?
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2010 18:05:08 GMT

>   I guess you are very close to my point. I mean whether we can find a way
> to set the qsub parameter "ppn"?

>From what I could see in the HOD code, it appears you cannot override
the ppn value with HOD. You could look at
src/contrib/hod/hodlib/NodePools/torque.py, and specifically the
method process_qsub_attributes. In this method, the nodes parameter is
getting set to the value defined by the -n parameter passed to HOD.
Unless I am missing something, this seems to be the final value that
can be specified for the nodes parameter to the qsub command.

The method I suggested seems like a workaround to circumvent this
limitation. In the MAUI documentation, I found it is possible to set
the specific parameter per Torque job as well. And there is an option
in HOD to specify such additional parameters, using the key

I know this is not an ideal answer for you. But ATM this is all I can think of.

View raw message