From Hemanth Yamijala <yhema...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to make HOD apply more than one core on each machine?
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2010 18:01:05 GMT
Song,

>     HOD is good, and can manage a large virtual cluster on a huge physical
> cluster. but the problem is, it doesnt apply more than one core for each
> machine, and I have already recieved complaint from our admin!

I assume what you want is the Map/Reduce cluster that is started by
HOD to use more than core on each machine. You can configure this in
the gridservice-mapred section, setting the property server-params.
For example, if you want to configure 4 map and 2 reduce slots per
node, you can say:

[gridservice-mapred]
server-params =
mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum=4,mapred.tasktracker.reduce.tasks.maximum=2,

That said, since you have not specified any values for these
parameters, Hadoop's defaults should be picked up, and they default to
2 map and 2 reduce slots. Hence, it should already be using more than
one core. Are you seeing that the JobTracker administration page is
not showing multiple map and reduce slots per node ?