From abhishek sharma <absha...@gmail.com>
Subject stop scripts not working properly
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2010 06:07:08 GMT
Hi all,

I am using the Cloudera Hadoop distribution version 0.20.2+228.

I have a small 9 node cluster and when I try to stop the Hadoop DFS
and Mapred using
the stop-mapred.sh and stop-dfs.sh scripts, it downs shutdown some of
the TaskTrackers and DataNodes. I get a message saying no tasktracker
or datanode to stop, but when I log into the machines, I can see the
TaskTracker and DataNode processes running (for e.g. using jps).

I did not notice anything unusal in the log files. I am not sure what
might be the problem but when I use Hadoop version 0.20.0, the scripts
work fine.

Any idea what time be happening?

View raw message