From Gregory Lawrence <gr...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Reduce gets struck at 99%
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2010 19:15:43 GMT
Hi,

I have also experienced this problem. Have you tried speculative execution? Also, I have had
jobs that took a long time for one mapper / reducer because of a record that was significantly
larger than those contained in the other filesplits. Do you know if it always slows down for
the same filesplit?

Regards,
Greg Lawrence