From Sridhar Chellappa <srich...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Libhdfs - Client's retry behaviour
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2010 10:19:04 GMT
Hi,

I have an issue where my client's code (which links to libhdfs.a) is
throwing out the following errors :

ipc.Clnt Retrying connect to server name-node-A/98.137.17.156:4600
Already tried 0 time

The node in question is is the name node.

What I want to understand is :

1. I suspect this is coming from libhdfs.a. Is that true ?

2. What is the retry logic, at a high level, from libhdfs.a to name
node? Pointers to documentation will be really appreciated.

3. How do I control the behaviour ?

4. Most probably, the retries are happenning because of an unresponsive
Name Node. Are there any logs that I can look at the Name Node using
which I can pin-point why is the Name Node unresponsive ?

Thanks in advance.

Sridhar Chellappa