From Keith Wiley <kwi...@keithwiley.com>
Subject -files flag question
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2010 23:14:46 GMT
I'm a little confused how the -files flag works.  My understanding is that it takes two arguments:
a file URI (could be local or on HDFS, assumed local if no URI scheme is provided) and a short
"tag" representing the file on the distributed cache, usually just the name of the file without
the long path that precedes it in the URI.

But, -files can also pass multiple files to the distributed cache, so, how does this all go
together.  Are odd arguments all URIs and even arguments all cache-tags?  Is it that simple?
 I'm not really sure how to fit it all together if I need to send several files to the distributed
cache (several shared libraries for example).

Keith Wiley               kwiley@keithwiley.com               www.keithwiley.com

"It's a fine line between meticulous and obsessive-compulsive and a slippery
rope between obsessive compulsive and debilitatingly slow."
  -- Keith Wiley

View raw message