From Placebo <placebobec...@hotmail.com>
Subject How do I use MapFile Reader and Writer
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2010 14:03:52 GMT

I have a large text file, approximately 500mb containing key value pairs on
each line. I would like to implement Hadoop MapFile so that I can access any
key,value pair fairly quickly. To construct either the Reader or Writer the
MapFile requires a Configurations object and a File System object. I am
confused as to how to create either object, and why they are necessary.
Would someone be so kind to demonstrate to me a trivial example as to how I
can accomplish this.

Thanks in advance.