From Shevek <she...@karmasphere.com>
Subject Announce: Karmasphere Studio for Hadoop 1.2.0
Date Sun, 11 Apr 2010 02:10:09 GMT
Hi,

It's been a few months, but we've done the work. We bring you, free for
download (cue music, mostly trumpets) Karmasphere Studio for Hadoop, and
we've bolted on a new version number which is much bigger than the
previous one to give you some sense of the importance of the change.

If Hadoop were a theme park, then here are some of the rides we hope you
will enjoy:

* Interactive visual debugging of a MapReduce job.
  - Traces dataflows through a mapreduce process, live as you edit code.
  - Tells you what will go wrong with your job, BEFORE it does.
* Two-click deployment of a Hadoop job.
  - We'd say one click but it's nice to customize parameters sometimes.
* No-click monitoring, graphing, management and post-hoc analysis.
  - Tells you what went wrong with your job after it did.
* Support for the Cascading Library - http://www.cascading.org/
  - If you don't know what this is yet, you really should.
* New samples library to help you get into MapReduce with Hadoop.
  - Click on the code, see what it does.
* Support for Streaming.
  - It's rather nice, when you have menus!
* All new tutorials with (mostly) updated screenshots, showing just what
you and your family can enjoy for the price of one free download.
* Full cross-platform support
  - Job submission, HDFS and S3 browsing from Windows, MacOS or Linux.

Let's read that bit again. Karmasphere Studio makes job submission work
from Windows desktops. Point. Click. Go.

* And the new and improved Amazon support means that all you need to get
started with Hadoop is ... well, nothing, really.

		http://www.hadoopstudio.org/

We all hope you have at least as much fun as we do.

S.

--
http://www.hadoopstudio.org/
Karmasphere Studio for Hadoop - An intuitive visual interface to Big Data