From abhishek sharma <absha...@usc.edu>
Subject Re: log
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2010 17:15:48 GMT
Gang,

In the log/history directory, two files are created for each job--one
xml file that records the configuration and the other file has log
entries. These log entries have all the information about the
individual map and reduce tasks related to a job--which nodes they ran
on, duration, input size, etc.

A single log/history directory is created by Hadoop and files related
to all the jobs executed are stored there.

Abhishek

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 8:50 PM, Gang Luo <lgpublic@yahoo.com.cn> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I find there is a directory "_log/history/..." under the output directory of a mapreduce
job. Is the file in that directory a log file? Is the information there sufficient to allow
me to figure out what nodes the job runs on? Besides, not every job has such a directory.
Is there such settings controlling this? Or is there other ways to get the nodes my job runs
on?