From Tonci Buljan <tonci.bul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop as master's thesis
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2010 14:24:53 GMT
Thank you for your reply.

 I didn't mention that I already installed Hadoop on 2 machines back at home
(for a essay on Hadoop which I did), one as a namenode and datanode and one
as a datanode only. Everything worked perfect. I would really try to install
it on more machines to see how cluster works in more detail. So I was
thinking:” Now I have a cluster, where do I find a large dataset to work

 I like your idea about publicly available datasets, do you have any links
on that?

The other idea, about student grades is also great (thank you for that) and
I might just start with that.

 Thank you very much, you both really helped me.