From "Jones, Nick" <nick.jo...@amd.com>
Subject RE: Tools to automatically setup new slaves (PXE boot?)
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2010 17:44:01 GMT
Hi Paul,
PXE with scripted installs is probably your best bet.

Nick

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Ingles [mailto:paul@oobaloo.co.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2010 11:41 AM
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Tools to automatically setup new slaves (PXE boot?)

Hi,

We've got a new batch of servers that we're looking to configure our new
cluster with. We're anticipating this will be about 5-10 nodes to start and
potentially another 15 or so fairly soon after (pending necessity).

I've not come across it before, but, one of our systems guys has recommended
using a PXE boot image? Are there any other similar tools that people could
recommend?

Thanks,
Paul