From Peeyush Bishnoi <peeyu...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject RE: 2 HOD Questions
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2010 18:03:35 GMT

For answer to question 1.
Before deallocating the node( hod deallocate ...) are you setting the HADOOP_CONF_DIR  to
hod allocated directory.

For answer to question 2.
Yes hod need mininum 3 nodes. As one node will run with JobTracker, second node for Namenode
and third and more number of nodes will be tasktracker and datanode.

If you have any questions please let me know :-)

From: Song Liu [lamfeeling2@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2010 8:25 PM
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: 2 HOD Questions

Hi all, I have two questions about HOD

 1. I confiured and setup a HOD on one cluster, it works fine, but when I
finished jobs and deallocated the nodes, I found my jobID can still be seen
using "qstat", until I kill them using "qdel". Is this normal? or do I have
to do this manually, or leave with that?

 2. I failed to configure the HOD on another cluster using the approach
shown in userguide. It fails when allocating the nodes, and shows this

Uncaught Exception : need more than 2 values to unpack

Did anyone met this message before?

BTW, to make the hod script work, I commented the line 576 which is

Song Liu
View raw message