From Amareshwari Sri Ramadasu <amar...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: hadoop.log.dir
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2010 05:55:04 GMT
Hadoop.log.dir is not config parameter, it is a system property.
You can specify the log directory in the environment variable HADOOP_LOG_DIR.

On 3/30/10 11:17 AM, "Vasilis Liaskovitis" <vliaskov@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

is  there a config option that controls placement of all hadoop logs?
I 'd like to put all hadoop logs under a specific directory e.g. /tmp.
on the namenode and all datanodes.

Is hadoop.log.dir the right config? Can I change this in the
log4j.properties file, or pass it e.g. in the JVM opts as
"-Dhadoop.log.dir=/tmp" ?
I am using hadoop-0.20.1 or hadoop-0.20.2.

- Vasilis