From Ravi Phulari <rphul...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Config. Name Node and Job Tracker in the same machine
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2010 20:38:40 GMT
If your cluster is not big enough (thousands of nodes) then there should be no problem in running
NN & JT on same machine.
I usually run my smaller clusters of size 10-20 nodes with NN & JT on same machine.

Usually bigger clusters have millions of HDFS files and it takes lots of NN memory that's
why it is suggested to use different machines for NN & JT.