From Boyu Zhang <boyuzhan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 2 HOD Questions
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2010 19:33:42 GMT
try set it to /gpfs/cluster/cosc/sl9885/Python-2.6.5/bin, it should be the
directory from which you can see the python executable.

PS. it has been answered that with python 2.6.5, it has the problem that I
said, but with python2.5.1, there is no problem at all. maybe you should try
the version 2.5.1. Let me know.

Thanks,
Boyu

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 1:21 PM, Song Liu <lamfeeling2@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, Boyu, I have downloaded the 2.65 python and setup
> the HOD_PYTHON_HOME=/gpfs/cluster/cosc/sl9885/Python-2.6.5.
>
> and then, if I execute the hod command, it shows
>
> bin/hod: line 26: /gpfs/cluster/cosc/sl9885/Python-2.6.5: is a directory
> bin/hod: line 26: exec: /gpfs/cluster/cosc/sl9885/Python-2.6.5: cannot
> execute: Success
>

> On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 5:01 PM, Song Liu <lamfeeling2@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks Boyu! I will have a try on my cluster and see what happen. I
> thought
> > I used 2.52, and set hodrc for it. But I didnt use the HOD_PYTHON_HOME
> env
> > var.
> >
> > Cheers.
> > Song Liu
> >

> > On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 4:56 PM, Boyu Zhang <boyuzhang35@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Thanks for the reply. I use python 2.6.5.
> >>
> >> I overcame the problem by export HOD_PYTHON_HOME to the new version of
> >> python. setting the python home in hodrc is not enough. if you use -b 4
> in
> >> your command, you can see which version of python you are using. which
> >> version are you using?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Boyu

> >> than 2