From Boyu Zhang <boyuzhan...@gmail.com>
Subject HOD on Scyld
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2010 15:52:08 GMT
Dear All,

I have been trying to get HOD working on a cluster running Scyld. But there
are some problems. I configured the minimum configurations.

1.  I executed the command:
$ bin/hod allocate -d /home/zhang/cluster  -n 4 -c
/home/zhang/hadoop-0.20.2/contrib/hod/conf/hodrc -t
/home/zhang/hadoop-0.20.2.tar.gz
I get the error: file hod, line 576, finally: Syntax error. So I commented
out the line 576, and try again.

2. #[zhang@geronimo hod]$ bin/hod allocate -d /home/zhang/cluster  -n 4 -c
/home/zhang/hadoop-0.20.2/contrib/hod/conf/hodrc -t
/home/zhang/hadoop-0.20.2.tar.gz
          Uncaught Exception : need more than 2 values to unpack

Could anyone tell me why am I having this error? Is the problem the
operating system, or Torque, or because I commented out line 576, or
anything else?

Any comment is welcome and appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Sincerely,

Boyu Zhang