From Pallavi Palleti <pallavi.pall...@corp.aol.com>
Subject Re: Query over DFSClient
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2010 11:29:54 GMT
Hi,

I am looking into hadoop-20 source code for below issue. From DFSClient,
I could see that once the datanodes given by namenode are not reachable,
it is setting "lastException" variable to error message saying "recovery
from primary datanode is failed N times, aborting.."(line No:2546 in
processDataNodeError).  However, I couldn't figure out where this
exception is thrown. I could see the throw statement in isClosed() but
not finding the exact sequence after Streamer exits with lastException
set to isClosed() method call. It would be great if some one could shed
some light on this. I am essentially looking whether DFSClient
approaches namenode in the case of failure of all datanodes that
namenode has given for a given data block previously.

Thanks
Pallavi