From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JobTracker startup failure when starting hadoop-0.20.0 cluster on Amazon EC2 with contrib/ec2 scripts
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2010 16:13:23 GMT
毛宏 wrote:
> I downloaded Hadoop 0.20.0 and used the src/contrib/ec2/bin scripts to
> launch a Hadoop cluster on Amazon EC2, after building a new Hadoop
> 0.20.0 AMI.
>
> I launched an instance with my new Hadoop 0.20.0 AMI, then logged in and
> ran the following to launch a new cluster:
> root(/vol/hadoop-0.20.0)> bin/launch-hadoop-cluster hadoop-test 2
>
> After the usual EC2 wait, one master and two slave instances were
> launched on EC2, as expected. When I ssh'ed into the instances, here is
> what I found:
>
> Slaves: DataNode and NameNode are running
> Master: Only NameNode is running
>
> I could use HDFS commands (using $HADOOP_HOME/bin/hadoop scripts)
> without any problems, from both master and slaves. However, since
> JobTracker is not running, I cannot run map-reduce jobs.

> 2009-09-03 18:55:48,628 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient:
> org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException: java.io.IOException: File
> /mnt/hadoop/mapred/system/jobtracker.info could only be replicated to 0
> nodes,
> instead of 1
>         at

> 2009-09-03 18:55:48,628 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient:
> NotReplicatedYetException sleeping
> /mnt/hadoop/mapred/system/jobtracker.info retries left 4
> 2009-09-03 18:55:49,030 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient:
> org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException: java.io.IOException: File
> /mnt/hadoop/mapred/system/jobtracker.info could only be replicated to 0
> nodes,
> instead of 1

the JT isn't up as the datanodes aren't taking data, JT spins waiting
for files to be writeable so it can save state.

I cheat in my clusters by running a (small) datanode in the root VM, so
it will come up without needing any more.

check more about the DN/HDFS status, that looks like the first problem.