From Jakob Homan <jho...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: user authentication: protect hdfs/job web interface from public
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2010 22:38:35 GMT
Jiang-
    Hadoop has support for this via the hadoop.http.filter.initializers
property, which allows you set the name of a class to add as a standard
servlet filter for the public-facing websites, such as:

<property>
       <name>hadoop.http.filter.initializers</name>
       <value>com.widgetcorp.HadoopFilter</value>
</property>

Each public-facing page will then be routed through this filter, which
can reject the request.  This was designed to be pluggable to work with
different organization's authentication schemes.  Other web servers are
not currently secured, but will be via Kerberos in the currently
in-progress security release.

-Jakob
Hadoop @ Yahoo!

jiang licht wrote:
> I guess I might need to check jetty documentation as well. Anyway, here is my question.
>
> hdfs and map/reduce can be tracked via web interfaces, e.g. at 50070, 50030, etc. We
won't want to see that anyone can access such web pages. But only authorized ppl can access
them from anywhere anytime. One way might be to wrap the JSPs or rename JSPs and put an access
page in front of them (cautious, not to break any possible links). But what is the best way
to protect such web interfaces by adding some