From Varun Thacker <varunthacker1...@gmail.com>
Subject some doubts
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2010 04:42:45 GMT
I am using ubuntu Linux. I was able to get the standalone hadoop cluster
running and run the wordcount example.
before i start writing hadoop programs i wanted to compile the wordcount
example on my own.
So this is what i did to make the jar file on my own.

javac -classpath /home/varun/hadoop/hadoop-0.
20.1/hadoop-0.20.1-core.jar WordCount.java
jar -cvf wordcount.jar -C /media/d/iproggys/java/Hadoop/src/wordcount/ .

Is this the correct way to do it?

I had one more doubt while running the example.This is what i do to run the
mapreduce job.
bin/hadoop jar hadoop-0.20.1-examples.jar wordcount gutenberg

what is wordcount?
gutenberg being the input dir.
gutenberg-output being the out dir.

Varun Thacker