From Edward Capriolo <edlinuxg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven and Mini MR Cluster
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2010 18:32:28 GMT
On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 12:12 PM, Steve Loughran <stevel@apache.org> wrote:
> Michael Basnight wrote:
>>
>> Ya with the hadoop_home stuff i was grasping at straws. My mini MR Cluster
>> has a valid classpath i assume, since my entire test runs (thru 3 mapreduce
>> jobs via the localrunner) before it gets to the mini MR cluster portion. Is
>> it possible to print out the classpath thru the JVMManager or anything else
>> like that for debugging purposes?
>>

> probably, though I don't know what.

Normally from a shell script, I do something like this to ensure I
suck up hadoop.jar, hadoop-test.jar, and its dependents.
CPATH=""
for f in /opt/hadoop/lib/*.jar ; do
  CPATH="${CPATH}:$f"
done
for f in /opt/hadoop/*.jar ; do
  CPATH="${CPATH}:$f"
done
java -cp $CPATH

If you are in the build phase you should refer to the build.xml and
build-common and try to emulate that classpath and add you needs.