From Song Liu <lamfeeli...@gmail.com>
Subject Reducer stuck at pending state
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2010 23:51:10 GMT
Hi all, I recently have me t a problem that sometimes, reducer hang up at
pending state, with 0% complete.

It seems all the mappers are completely done, and when it just about to
start the reducer, the reducer stuck, without any given warnings and errors
and was staying at the pending state.

I have a cluster with 12 nodes. But this situation only appears when the
scale of data is large (2GB or more), smaller cases never met this problem.

Any one has met this issue before? I searched JIRA, some one proposed this
issue before, but no solution was given. (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-24?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12647230#action_12647230
)

The typical case of this issue is captured in the attachment.

Regards
Song Liu