From Allen Wittenauer <awittena...@linkedin.com>
Subject Re: What framework Hadoop uses for daemonizing?
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2010 21:31:02 GMT

On 2/4/10 1:21 PM, "Stas Oskin" <stas.oskin@gmail.com> wrote:

> Was there any design decision behind this approach?

Likely KISS.

> I remember that I had to do the same, as any wrapper just caused the daemon
> to run in lower priority then it should.

...which is also easily dealt with from the shell and gives you the
flexibility to use OS-specific constructs.

The other big benefit is that this also means you don't need to UNdaemonize
code for those users that use something besides just pure init rc scripts.
(djbtools, smf, launchd, whatever)