From Prateek Jindal <jind...@illinois.edu>
Subject Not able to compile '.java' files
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2010 22:58:51 GMT
 Hi everyone,

I am new to mapReduce. I am trying to run a very basic mapReduce
application. I encountered the following problem. Can someone help me about
it:

1) I have 3 files, namely MaxTemperature.java, MaxTemperatureMapper.java,
MaxTemperatureReducer.java. Now, I have to compile them to get the '.class'
files which would be used by 'hadoop' command. I tried the following:

'javac -cp .:/hadoop/lib MaxTemperatureMapper.java'

But it gives me the error that it doesn't recognize the packages '
org.apache.hadoop.io', 'org.apache.hadoop.mapred' and so on.

Can someone suggest something about that?

2) Also, do we have to make the '.class' files by ourselves necessarily. Or
is it somehow possible that hadoop will make .class files by itself (from
the .java source files)?

Thanks,
Prateek.