From jiang licht <licht_ji...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: java.io.IOException: Spill failed when using w/ GzipCodec for Map output
Date Tue, 23 Feb 2010 17:28:48 GMT
Thanks, Amogh. Good to know :)

Michael

--- On Tue, 2/23/10, Amogh Vasekar <amogh@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:

From: Amogh Vasekar <amogh@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject: Re: java.io.IOException: Spill failed when using w/ GzipCodec for Map output
To: "common-user@hadoop.apache.org" <common-user@hadoop.apache.org>
Date: Tuesday, February 23, 2010, 1:45 AM

Hi,
Certainly this might not cause the issue. But,
"Hadoop native library is supported only on *nix platforms only. Unfortunately it is known
not to work on Cygwin    and Mac OS X   and has mainly been used on the  GNU/Linux platform."

http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/current/native_libraries.html#Supported+Platforms

The mapper log would throw more light on this

Amogh