From jiang licht <licht_ji...@yahoo.com>
Subject LZO compression for Map output in Hadoop 0.20+?
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2010 05:26:48 GMT
   New to Hadoop (now using 0.20.1), I want to know how to choose and set up compression
methods for Map output, especially how to configure and use LZO compression?

  Specifically, please share your experience for the following 2 scenarios. Thanks!

   (1) Is there a global setting in some hadoop configuration files for naming a compression
method (e.g. LZO) such that it will be used to compress Map output by default? and how?

   (2) How to use a compression method (e.g. LZO) in java code (I noticed that in javadoc,
org.apache.hadoop.mapred is labeld Deprecated)?

Thanks!
--
Michael