From zaki rahaman <zaki.raha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: help for hadoop begginer
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2010 17:02:59 GMT
Most of your questions are easily answered by taking a look at the
documentation, FAQs, and some smart Googling/Yahooing/Binging.

1. The main Hadoop project consists of two major components: HDFS (Hadoop
Distributed File System) and MapReduce.

2. Not sure what you mean by your second question.

3. MapReduce is simply a framework for doing distributed computation. And
again, I don't understand what you mean by your "clubbing "Cloud
Computing,Hadoop and
Webhosting"......please this is really important"

4. From my understanding, Hbase and Hypertable are two different
implementations/approaches to solving the problem of having a low-latency
distributed table system similar to BigTable. One major difference is that
Hbase is implemented in Java and built to work on top of HDFS. I don't know
too much about Hypertable other than it's written in C++.

5. Again, Google is your friend. Most map/reduce implementations are pretty
general purpose data processing tasks (aggregations, sorting, filters, etc.)
that aren't specific to search.

6. See #1. MapReduce is one of the major components of the Hadoop Project
and the solution to doing a lot of the data processing.

7. Yes, of course. THe VMware image that Cloudera provides is a good place
to start. I would also watch their videos and presentations.

8. Again, I am not all that familiar with HBase but my understanding is that
this is handled by the regionserver/ZooKeeper setup although I do not know
the details.