From prasenjit mukherjee <pmukher...@quattrowireless.com>
Subject launching time for high-cpu-instance hadoop clusters
Date Mon, 15 Feb 2010 02:57:14 GMT
I am using hadoop's in-built ec2-scripts to launch hadoop clusters in
ec2.  For lower instance-types ( upto m2.2xlarge ) the launch scripts
work fine. But when I move to either m2.4xlarge or c1.xlarge
instances, the same scripts seem to get stuck. For c1.xlarge it gives
connection-time out and for m2.4xlarge it just didnt seem to proceed
further after launching the master.   Since I am using the exact same
AMI ( because m2.2xlarge runs fine with 64 bit setup ) , I wasn't sure
whether the problem is in AWS's ec2 or I need to do tweak something on
my side.

Thanks,
-Prasen