From "E. Sammer" <e...@lifeless.net>
Subject Re: Ubuntu Single Node Tutorial failure. No live or dead nodes.
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2010 22:09:05 GMT
On 2/10/10 3:57 PM, Nick Klosterman wrote:
> It appears I have incompatible namespaceIDs. Any thoughts on how to
> resolve that?
> This is what the full datanodes log is saying:

Was this data node part of a another DFS cluster at some point? It looks
like you've reformatted the name node since the datanode connected to
it. The datanode will refuse to connect to a namenode with a different
namespaceId because the the data node would have blocks (possibly with
the same ids) from another cluster. It's a stop gap safety mechanism.
You'd have to destroy the data directory on the data node to
"reinitialize" it so it picks up the new namespaceId from the name node
at which point it will be allowed to connect.

Just to be clear, this will also kill all data that was stored on the
data node, so don't do this lightly.

HTH.
--
Eric Sammer