From jayalakshmi sandhya <saisandhya...@gmail.com>
Subject problem while setting up hadoop cluster
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2010 08:07:59 GMT
Hi.. I am trying to setup a hadoop cluster(2 systems connected with ethernet
cable). SSH is working fine. I setup the configuration files as given in
http://www.michael-noll.com/wiki/Running_Hadoop_On_Ubuntu_Linux_(Multi-Node_Cluster).
In the conf/slaves file, i gave the ip address of master and slave
nodes.
But when i start the dfs, it is trying to login into
[MASTER-HADOOP-DIR-PATH]/ and says no such file or directory, while satrting
the datanode daemon.
And the datanode of the same node is also not running. I tried with apache
hadoop cluter setup tutorial also. but ..

Guess am messing up while setting the configuration files.

Can anyone tell me how to modify the hadoop-env.sh and slaves file to sort
out this problem.