From Ashish Pareek <pareek...@gmail.com>
Subject Is there Synthetic Load generator for Hadoop-0.18.3
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2010 13:50:26 GMT
Hello ,

         I have Small problem in simulating load in HDFS. I want to regulate
load on datanode such that I can perform my experiment.
        But how do I create some constant load on datanode???

        Then I found Synthetic Load generator but I am working in
hadoop-0.18.3 and Synthetic laod generator is available from hadoop-0.19.2
on wards. So Can I some how manage to get synthetic load generator for
hadoop-0.18.3......If there is a way please tell me know ....... I have
little time left to submit my results. Or If there is some other way to
generate load please let me known that also .

Regards,
Ashish Pareek