From Marc Sturlese <marc.sturl...@gmail.com>
Subject datanode can not connect to the namenode
Date Sun, 14 Feb 2010 22:37:50 GMT

Hey there I have a hadoop cluster build with 2 servers. One node (A) contains
the namenode, a datanode, the jobtraker and a tasktraker.
The other node(B) just has a datanode and a tasktraker.
I set up correctly hdfs with ./start-hdfs.sh

When I try to set up MapReduce with ./start-mapred.sh the TaskTraker of node
(B) can not connect to the namenode. The log will keep throwing:

INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server:
mynamenode/192.168.0.13:8021. Already tried 8 time(s)

I think maybe something is missing in /etc/hosts file or this hadoop
property is not set correctly:
<property>
  <name>dfs.datanode.address</name>
  <value>0.0.0.0:50010</value>
  <description>
    The address where the datanode server will listen to.
    If the port is 0 then the server will start on a free port.
  </description>
</property>

I try on the namenode:
telnet localhost 8021
telnet 192.168.0.10 8021
Both cases I get:

Has someone experienced this problem before?
Thanks in advance