From Thomas Koch <tho...@koch.ro>
Subject hosting recommandation for a small hadoop cluster?
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2010 08:28:30 GMT
Hi,

do you know and would maybe like to recommend hosting providers which have
hadoop-friendly offerings? I'm new to hadoop, but what I've read is:

- virtualization makes no sense and only costs
- no raid, hdfs does the replication
- 16GB+, 2CPU+

My cluster should be around 10 machines. Most likely I'd take another 5 for
development. I do very much prefer dedicated machines and Debian since we're
not familiar with Amazon or other cloud providers.

I'm currently thinking about rackspace and hetzner.

Thanks for your insights,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro