From Michael Basnight <mbasni...@gmail.com>
Subject Maven and Mini MR Cluster
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2010 21:09:06 GMT
Im using maven to run all my unit tests, and i have a unit test that creates a mini mr cluster.
When i create this cluster, i get classdefnotfound errors for the core hadoop libs (Caused
by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Child). When i run the same
test w/o creating the mini cluster, well.. it works fine. My HADOOP_HOME is set to the same
version as my mvn repo, and points to a valid installation of hadoop. When i validate the
classpath thru maven, (dependency:build-classpath), it says that the core libs are on the
classpath as well (sourced from my .m2 repository). I just cant figure out why hadoop's mini
cluster cant find those jars. Running hadoop 0.20.0.

Any suggestions?