From "Bill Habermaas" <b...@habermaas.us>
Subject RE: setup cluster with cloudera repo
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2010 19:15:43 GMT
So you have hadoop installed and not configured/running.
I suggest you visit the hadoop website and review the QuickStart guide.
You need to understand how to configure the system and then extrapolate to
your situation.

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Kusznir [mailto:jkusznir@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 03, 2010 2:08 PM
To: common-user
Subject: setup cluster with cloudera repo

Hi all:

I need to set up a hadoop cluster.  The cluster is based on CentOS
5.4, and I already have all the base OSes installed.

I saw that Cloudera had a repo for hadoop CentOS, so I set up that
repo, and installed hadoop via yum.  Unfortunately, I'm now at the
"now what?" question.  Cloudera's website has many links to "confugre
your cluster" or "continue", but that takes one to a page saying
"we're redoing it, come back later".  This leaves me with no
documentation to follow to actually make this cluster work.

How do I proceed?

Thanks!
--Jim