From BM <bogdan.maryn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Google has obtained the patent over mapreduce
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2010 07:37:31 GMT
On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 7:29 PM, Steve Loughran <stevel@apache.org> wrote:
> SCO sued people who had bought Unix source code licenses and threatened
> end-users of linux over copyright. No patent lawsuits, just doomed copyright
> T&Cs.

Yes, and Oracle was the very first company that said "Screw you, SCO:
prove or shut up". The only stupid end-users started to purchase silly
copies. I'd say, SCO should be sued for this, because basically they
said for that Linux is stolen from them and is illegal, while it is
not true at all.

So I don't see the point here about Map Reduce... :-)

--
Kind regards, BM

Things, that are stupid at the beginning, rarely ends up wisely.