From Eli Collins <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: HDFS read/write speeds, and read optimization
Date Sun, 10 Jan 2010 08:55:36 GMT
> data.replication = 2
> A bit of topic - is it safe to have such number? About a year ago I heard
> only 3 way replication was fully tested, while 2 way had some issues - was
> it fixed in subsequent versions?

I think that's still a relatively untested configuration, though I'm
not aware of any known bugs with it. I know of at least one cluster
that uses 2-way replication.  Note that 3-way replication is used both
for availability and performance, though in a write benchmark 2-way
replication should be faster than 3-way.

View raw message