From Rob Stewart <robstewar...@googlemail.com>
Subject Quick Clarification of sort mechanism
Date Fri, 15 Jan 2010 22:42:54 GMT
Hi,

I am having a look at the WordCount java example here:
http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/current/mapred_tutorial.html#Walk-through

I am wanting a word count application that, instead of sorting by key
(alphabetically by word), I want to sort by the count (frequency) of the
words.

I can't see in the reduce method in the above example where exactly the
key/values get specified to order by key alphabetically? Or how I can
override this to state to for by the value of the final reduce (i.e. by the
frequency).

Thanks,

Rob Stewart