From Allen Wittenauer <awittena...@linkedin.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop 0.19.2 Contrib DataJoin
Date Fri, 29 Jan 2010 19:02:20 GMT

On 1/29/10 1:54 AM, "Alex Parvulescu" <alex.parvulescu@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Allen,
>
> Thanks for your reply!
> Can you tell me where should I start?

NP.  Best place to start is probably by reading this:

That will answer a lot of your basic questions, I suspect.

> Should I use hadoop/common/branches/branch-0.19 or
> hadoop/common/tags/release-0.19.2 as a reference for the patch?

0.19 is basically dead.  You can always submit a patch for a branch, but it
likely won't mean much.  Patches are generally done towards trunk.

> Then I submit this patch as an improvement in JIRA under Hadoop Map /Reduce
> so somebody can take a look and tell me if it ok? Or should I just post it
> here?

There is a whole mailing list that sends out jira information.  Folks who
read that, if they are interested, will follow it that way or via watches on
the jira itself.

Good luck!