From Rekha Joshi <rekha...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Exception when using SequenceFile
Date Mon, 18 Jan 2010 04:56:09 GMT
I have come across this error when my gzip file was corrupt, either incompletely formed or
corrupted during the data copy over network.

On 1/18/10 8:19 AM, "Zheng Lv" <lvzheng19800619@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Everyone,
    We have been using SequenceFile(GZIP) to save some data in our product,
but we got the following exceptions recently, which never occurred before:

    java.io.EOFException at
java.io.DataInputStream.readFully(DataInputStream.java:197) at
java.io.DataInputStream.readFully(DataInputStream.java:169) at
org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.init(SequenceFile.java:1450) at
org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.(SequenceFile.java:1428) at
org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.(SequenceFile.java:1417) at
org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.(SequenceFile.java:1412) at
at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runNewMapper(MapTask.java:517) at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.run(MapTask.java:303) at

  We googled it, but got nothing. Now we restart the hadoop and the
application and until now the exception doesn't occur. But we want to know
why the exception happened and how to avoid it.
  Any suggestion will help, thanks a lot.