From Amogh Vasekar <am...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Configuration.set/Configuration.get now working
Date Tue, 05 Jan 2010 12:09:10 GMT
Hi,

1. map.input.file in new API is contentious. It doesn't seem to be seralized in .20 ( https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-5973
) . As of now you can use ((FileSplit)context.getInputSplit).getPath() , there was a post
on this sometime back.

2. for your own variables in conf, please ensure you set them first and then provide to job.
For eg this works for me :
        conf.set("myprop","i_set_this");
        conf.set("mapred.job.queue.name","queue");
Job myjob = new Job(conf);

And then in setup
System.out.println("property is " + context.getConfiguration().get("myprop","failed"));

Hope this helps

Amogh